Monday, June 4, 2007

My Day:

According to "Does Today Suck?" (http://doestodaysuck.blogspot.com/2007/06/june-4th-in-review.html), my birthday day rates as bad. My daddy, however, looked at wikipedia and found a lot of things I don't understand but he assures me are good:

In 780 BC, Chinese astronomers recorded the first historic solar eclipse

In 1584, Raleigh established a colony in North Carolina.

In 1769, a venus transit was followed hours later by a total solar eclipse.

In 1783, the Montgoflier brothers demonstrated their baloon.

In 1919, the 19th Ammendment to the Constitution of the United States was passed, which will, in 18 years, give me the right to vote.

In 1942, the United States triumphed at the Battle of Midway. In 1944, the US Navy capturd a U-boat and Rome fell to the Allies.

In 1973, the ATM was patented. I'm sure in about 16 years, my daddy will wish it hadn't been.

In 1974, the Cleveland Indians' 10-cent beer night went disastrously and hilarously wrong.

In 1989, the Tiananmen square massacred occured, but Solidarity won their first election in Poland. (My daddy gets quite animated on the subject of "commies".

I also share birthdays with King George III, Dr. Ruth, Robert Fulghum and Cecilia Bartoli. That means I should write and sing a lot about "intimacy" but go mad in my late years. Or, since I share a birthday with Angelina Jolie, I could just go mad when I'm young.

1 comment:

mmaupai said...

And don't forget, Abbey Road, the Beatles recording home and famous street in London.